One of the most popular appetizers we have on our menu at Lager’s Inn is our chicken wings. Born in Buffalo, New York, the Buffalo wing remains the choice for game-watching sports fans, guys-night-out attendees and family members of all ages. We’ve been serving our chicken wings since we opened and they remain a favorite among of our customers here. Here are just a few tidbits about chicken wings we’re betting you didn’t know:
- They don’t call them Buffalo wings in Buffalo. They’re just wings there.
- Americans eat about 13.5 billion chicken wings every year in the US from restaurants and grocery stores both.
- We eat about 1.25 billion of those on Super Bowl Sunday alone.
- The amount of chicken wings we eat on that one Super Holiday could circle the earth twice if laid end to end.
- It is actually a woman who holds the world record for the most chicken wings eaten in just one sitting. Molly Schuyler downed 363 wings in just 30 minutes.
- The average amount of chicken wings eaten by most people during one sitting is 12.
- July 29th is designated as National Chicken Wing day. Available in a plethora of flavors, chicken wings are the perfect meal for most as they satisfy most taste buds.
Regardless of your choice of flavor, chicken wings at Lager’s Inn, are always served hot and delicious. Accompany yours with a cold beer and good company. You’re always welcome at Lager’s Inn, Aberdeen’s favorite sports bar for wings, burgers and more.